How to Apply
We welcome students who are interested in joining CW Chu College at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). The process consists of two steps:
- First, you have to apply for admission to CUHK, and declare the academic programmes of your choice (for example: engineering, English, medicine, science). You should go to the website of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid (OAFA) to find out the procedure for doing so.
- After you have been given an offer of admission to CUHK (or in some cases a conditional offer), you will be asked by OAFA to declare a priority list among the nine Colleges. CW Chu College will then make a selection among those who have placed it among the first few choices, usually after an interview. The final College assignment will be announced to you by OAFA.
Although the second step officially starts only after the offer of admission to the University, CW Chu College would like to interact with prospective applicants as early as possible, to help both sides make informed choices. So prospective applicants are encouraged to contact the College Admission Advisor at CWC-Admission@cuhk.edu.hk to set up an appointment.
The actual schedule depends on whether you are
- a student applying through the international channel
- a student from mainland China applying within the gaokao system
- a local Hong Kong student (whether or not applying through JUPAS)
Go to the relevant pages for more specific information.
G/F, CW Chu College
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR