In addition to the 25 Admission Scholarships offered to the entering class, Merit Scholarships will also be awarded to continuing students in later years to recognize their academic achievements and/ or other talents.
i) Scholarships for Academic Excellence
|Target group||Year 2–4 students|
|No. of quota per year||~45|
|Amount per scholarship||HK$10,000|
|Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded by nominations with reference to students’ academic performances, their contributions to the College and involvement in College activities.
Selected applicants may be invited for an interview, or to provide relevant information to the Admissions, Scholarships and Financial Aid Committee for review in due course. Financial need of the nominee(s) may also be considered for some of these scholarships.
The List of Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- CW Chu Foundation Scholarships*
- Chong Kin Wo Scholarships*
- Chun Ki Kuen and Chen Man Ping Memorial Scholarships*
- Dr. Chan Lung Wai Scholarship (for students from the Faculty of Medicine)
- Dr. Clement Chan Scholarships* (for students from the Faculty of Medicine)
- Ernestine Farrell Scholarship (for students majoring in English)
- Fung Ying Seen Koon Scholarship
- Germaine She Wong Scholarship
- KY Chang Scholarship (for student from the Faculty of Engineering)
- Lai Ping Memorial Scholarship
- Lee Wai Wing Scholarships*
- Liao Yuan Tung Memorial Scholarship
- Liu Shai-Tat and Yu Chi-Hing Memorial Scholarships*
- Mr. and Mrs. Sau-Ping Chan Scholarship
- MUW Chu’s Alumni Scholarships*
- Ng Tat-Lun Memorial Scholarships*
- Samson Leung Scholarships*
- The KY Young & CK Ma Memorial Scholarship
- The Yen Scholarship (for students from the Faculties of Engineering, Medicine and Science)
- To Tai Scholarship
- VU Alumni Scholarship
- Winbridge Scholarship (for students from the Faculty of Engineering)
- Yeung Man Chor Memorial Scholarship
* There will be multiple Scholarships in this category.
ii) Scholarships for Physics Students
|Target group||Year 2–4 students majoring in Physics|
|No. of quota per year||A few (depending on the academic performance of individual students)|
|Amount per scholarship||HK$2,000–HK$10,000 (the exact amount granted is subject to the academic performance of individual students)|
|Selection criteria||Scholarships under this category are awarded by nominations with reference to CWC Physic students’ academic performance, their contributions to the College and involvement in College activities.
Selected applicants may be invited for an interview, or to provide relevant information to the Admissions, Scholarships and Financial Aid Committee for review in due course.
G/F, CW Chu College
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR